gpg signatures

Mr Adam Allen wrote:
> On a mailing list encryption and signatures might seem of little use: In
> my home-grown spam filter, people who have valid GPG signatures are
> trusted not to be spammers; from the Spam I scan through I've never seen
> a single piece of spam that has used GPG.

I'd have thought stuff from a mailing list would be filtered anyway, but who
is going to fetch the public key of all members that choose to send in their
signatures? If you use this method to filter spam you presumably already
recognise the incoming address even though it may have been falsified by a
spammer to look like one of your friends. Also sending pgp signatures
without revealing the location of the public key seems a bit pointless. If
there was some way to do this automatically I might start to see the point.