Re: cd burning -- DMA problem or bug? [ Forwarded: response

Elton Woo wrote:

On February 19, 2003 05:55 pm, Bill Kristjanson wrote:

Elton this may not be germain to this problem but what version of
cdrecord are you running.  I had problems with burning coasters until I
u/g to 2.0-4 from fedora.  I have not tested with cdrw though.

Bill

Here's what rpm tells me: $ rpm -q cdrecord cdrecord-2.0-4. I don't have any regular CDR disks available, so I'm obliged to use CDRW disks... At the moment, I'm downloading Phoebe 3, but then *what*?? ... I'm sorta stuck in a tight spot wrt burning the new ISO's (I don't think I'll have a problem _backing up_ my data to CD disks, though...)

Elton.

Before I figured out that I needed to u/g my cdrecord I tried booting into and older kernel (...21) and I was able to burn cdrs. This caused rpm and probably other things to break but I only used the old kernel to burn the cd I needed.

Bill