Re: 20 minutes with Phoebe3 were enough to find a number of bugs

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:10:37PM -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> >Do you have suggestions?
> Cancel and Ok. Easy. :)
> (you will need to change the question in the text though so it will make it
> more obvious where the Cancel goes)

There's pretty strong opinion that OK/Cancel is also vague.  We
generally lean toward the GNOME HIG standards on this.

> >Cannot reproduce here.
> I had the debug info but I closed down the window. Are these logged
> somewhere so I can dig them up for you?

Unfortunately not.

> >When I select a URL from the combo box, it immediately loads it.
> Not when I was root.

I tested Mozilla here as root, and clicking on URLs in the dropdown
part of the combo box immediately loads the page.  I still don't see a
"GO" button.

> >Just to be clear, using an upgrade to install a booloader when no
> >kernels are modified during the upgrade process is not expected to
> >work, nor can we make it work.
> Thank you for explaining this to me, it now makes sense. However, you should
> load the bootloader screen AFTER the package installation and only if kernel
> upgrades were done, because the way it is now, it looks like a bug  and not
> as normal behavior. In other words, I spend 5 minutes configuring the
> bootloader, then go to the package selection and then I get an alert saying
> that it won't do my bootloader changes. While if the bootloader screen was
> after the packages and only if a new kernel was installed, no such
> misunderstanding would be happening.

We should probably give a more informative message when the set of
packages to be upgraded does not include a kernel.  To get rid of he
bootloader screen we would need to rearrange things a bit, so it's not
going to be something we can do for this release.

> Thank you for helping out with these problems.

No problem.

msw redhat com
Matt Wilson
Manager, Base Operating Systems