Re: 20 minutes with Phoebe3 were enough to find a number of bugs

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 10:11, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> You are reminding me that I really need to simply disable root logins
> by default unless you edit gdm.conf with "vi" or otherwise click the
> "screw me please" button. ;-)
> A feature for the next release...

Now I'd be all for that...except that redhat has moved creation of
normal users into the firstboot process, which i don't completely
trust...nor understand the rational for, yet. (okay well I don't trust
anything im paranoid)  If firstboot works like it should and forces you
to create a new normal user on first boot that would be fine..but it
sounds like our Editor and Chief here got around the firstboot process
without adding any new users...this should not be allowed to happen.
Maybe there is some way to force some "please create a normal user"
logic into gdm if they try to login as root in case a person slips
around firstboot without making a new user.