Re: Upgrade options during phoebe 3 install

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Gerry Tool wrote:

> Just for kicks, I poked on the upgrade options and found that it was
> offering to upgrade either my RH 8.0 system or my RH 8.0.93 system.
>
> Since upgrading a beta is not supported and in general not a good idea,
> shouldn't that possibility not be offered in the dialog?
>
> Should this be reported as a bug?

I doubt it. Upgrading from betas isn't supported, but that is no reason to
deliberately refuse to do it, as such upgrades are not a problem if you
know what you are doing.
Also, the code probably detects any arbitrary RedHat system, and getting
it to deliberately ignore known betas may be wasted effort.

	Michael Young