Re: Loki update tool on Phoebe3

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 01:22:34AM +0200, Markku Kolkka wrote:

> However, as loki_patch included in the update packege is a statically linked
> executable that worked on previous RHL versions, this means Phoebe3 somehow
> breaks binary compatibility.

I would like to get my hands on the binary, and test data that
reproduces the crash.  More than likely the app is doing something
odd.  We have a stable ABI for supported functions, but we can't
guarantee that apps that depend on undefined behavior of unsupported
interfaces (like __* functions) won't break.

> I didn't try LD_ASSUME_KERNEL yet, but it wasn't needed on Phoebe1 and 2.

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL does nothing for staticly linked applications.

Cheers,

Matt
msw redhat com
--