Disc install failed - up2date was close, except moz too new.

I checked md5sum on the iso imaged. The stats came back normal. I burned the phoebe3 disks and then ran a media test on all three discs. They all came back "OK to use".
I then tried to use the disks to install phoebe. All I got was a clicking CD reader and a blank screen. It only made it past the running anaconda, detecting, video card and a few other parameters.
I could not ctl-alt-fx to any of the terminals. All I got was a blank screen. I then ceased trying to upgrade with the discs.
Now, I am trying to upgrade through up2date again. I selected upgrading all the packages, including the kernel. The first attempt failed because of too new of a version for mozilla. I'll try with the older version of mozilla.

Jim

--
If you try to please everyone, somebody is not going to like it.