Re: phoebe 3 irritants

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 23:58, Graydon wrote:

> Did a custom install, booting to console; didn't get asked to create a
> user, nor for a host name, nor was the soundcard configured.  Is that
> expected behaviour?  (It's not problematic, from my pov, just asking.)

Host name will come out of DNS.

User creation seems to have been moved into "firstboot" (but not
authentication setup, which should also be there, IMO).

Sound card is also configured in "firstboot".  It never has been
configured at any other time (prior to firstboot, it was manual, no?).

> booting in console mode.)  Argh value is high.

I boot to runlevel 5, but it works for me.  Runlevel shouldn't affect
that.