Re: Network Device Control bug?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 07:51:29AM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Error copying
> > /etc/hosts
> > to /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles//default/hosts:
> > [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> > '/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles//default/hosts'!
> This may be my lack of knowledge in programming and such, but any chance
> it's because the directory it's trying to go to is showing *two* //'s
> between profiles and default instead of just one?
No. Unless the // are at the start of the path, they behave just like
/ on all POSIX systems, and the start-of-path exception is also not used
by any UNIX-like system I use.

More probably, the program is attempting to migrate current setup
to the r-c-network "Default" profile even when not run as root.
Regular users have no business copying files to /etc.
	Mirek