Re: Intel Pro 10/100 Network Card problems

On 20 Feb 2003, Chris Tooley wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 18:45, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
>> Chris Tooley wrote:
>> > On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 18:33, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
>> >  > Chris Tooley wrote:
>> >  > > Both the default e100 loaded module and the eepro100 module fail to
>> >  > > light up the link.
>> >  >
>> >  > Check your cables and reseat the board.
>> >  >
>> > I've reseated the board, I've checked the cables, and I've switched
>> > hubs.  I can reboot into RedHat 8.0 or Netware or Windows and all of
>> > those work fine.
>>
>> Do you have PnP set in the BIOS?  Did you try to shutdown the computer
>> all the way instead of rebooting into Linux?
>>
>Yes, yes, and yes, I've done all of the standard things, I have the tech
>support script in front of me, I do it for a living.  I'm also an RHCE,
>these issues don't scare me too much.  If the e100 is working for
>others, I'll figure it out.

Hi Chris, I'm not running Phoebe, but I have dealt with the Intel Pro
10/100 ethernet cards for Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0.  At the risk of insulting
you: I've found that using Intel's eepro100 drivers and making sure that
"sleep" mode is off using mii-diag was essential.  There's information
about this on Chris Becker's "Scyld"  mailing list.  I don't have a link
handy but I took notes at the time.  If they're any interest at all then
I'm happy to supply them..

HTH,
Oisin Feeley