debuginfo rpms

Following various bits of advice gleaned from google and the mailing
list archives, I've got an /etc/rpm/marcros
which contains:

# no idea if this will work
%define debug_packages  %{nil}
%_enable_debug_packages 0
%__debug_package=""

It doesn't work.

What do I have to do to stop getting debuginfo packages?  Could there,
pretty please, be an extremely obvious means, such as removing the
redhat-rpm-config rpm and replacing it with redhat-rpm-nodebug-config,
to accomplish this in future?

--
oak uniserve com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,