still HUMONGOUS problems burning CD's in Phoebe2 (RH 8.0.9.3).

After a lot of hair-pulling, I've finally managed to burn the Phoebe 3
(RH 8.0.9.4) CD's... by switching back and forth between Xcdroasd,
Gtoaster, and the command line...

Strange: I can't do a force blanking of a CDRW from the command line,
but I _can_ do so with Xcdroast. After having burned the 3 CD's (Phoebe 3),

.... I've *never* had so much trouble burning CD's until now... |-(
Should I DARE install Phoebe3 as an upgrade over Phoebe2?  ... without
having been able to back up my tons of data to a CD?

FWIW cdrecord-2.0-4 is what I have on my system. I haven't seen any updates
on rawhide for the past few days... In the case of the "successfully" burnt
Phoebe 3 ISO's cdrecord (run from the console) told me that it had written the
same amount of data (i.e. "n" gets = "n" writes) ... yet it complained of
errors. However, when the CD's were re-inserted, they were automounted in
Gnome.

.... not a very happy camper here ... and a rather *scared* one at that!!
(Unless I can convince cdrecord to write my personal data to some CDRW
disks that _have worked before_).   <*SIGH*>

Elton

---