Re: still HUMONGOUS problems burning CD's in Phoebe2 (RH 8.0.9.3).

Elton Woo wrote:

After a lot of hair-pulling, I've finally managed to burn the Phoebe 3
(RH 8.0.9.4) CD's... by switching back and forth between Xcdroasd,
Gtoaster, and the command line...
.... I've *never* had so much trouble burning CD's until now... |-(
Should I DARE install Phoebe3 as an upgrade over Phoebe2? ... without
having been able to back up my tons of data to a CD?

Some people have suggested that the problem may be kernel related. Have you tried installing the kernel from 8.0 and burning while running that?