Re: phoebe] Strange problem while building RPMs

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Andreas Thienemann wrote:

> I tried building the librpm404 SRPM from Psyche on the current phoebe beta
> as I need the rpm for some software which uses the old API.

It sounds as though you may wish to read:
   http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/omit_fr/
This is a commonly recurring question on the rpm-list mailing
list.

Also, most packagers consider it dangerous to build a root, as
it can (as it seems to have here) over-write previously
existing binaries under the same path location (as shown in
your http://filepile.dicp.de/rpmbuild.log file)

-- Russ Herrold