kernels and CD burning problems....

I can now confirm (almost) without a shadow of a doubt that the
following kernels *do* cause problems burning CD's:
kernel-2.4.20-2.51
kernel-2.4.20-2.50
kernel-2.4.20-2.48

After spending the last three days, I have set the system to
use kernel-2.4.20-2.21, and I have just done two successful
burns (... next step: see if the media check succeeds, this
time!)

Elton.    (... still stuck with Phoebe 2)