Re: smbmount hang

David McKellar wrote:

Hi, smbmount hangs for me in phoebe3.

Its supposed to daemon itself and return control, right?
ie: I'm not supposed to do "smbmount <options> &".
I never had to do that in RedHat8.0.

I am doing:

smbmount '\\winbox\c' /mnt/winbox/c -o username=Administrator,rw,password=something

I also tried:

mount -t smbfs '\\winbox\c' /mnt/winbox/c -o username=Administrator,rw,password=something

which also hangs.

(I searched the list and found one mention of smbmount working in Janurary - maybe
that was a Beta2?)

TIA
-dave

This works for me without problems mounting win2k share.

mount -t smbfs -o username=user,password=password //winbox/c /test