Re: Mice/XFree86

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 14:08, Andreas Pfaffeneder wrote:
> Dear all,
> I got problem getting a USB-mouse work:
> Phoebe beta 3, updated from 8.0. Using kernel 2.4.18-24.8.0 in order to
> get the nvidia-card working.

as in the nv driver that comes with phoebe doesnt work with yer card at all?
Or you wanted to have 3d working.  Once you downgrade the kernel like
that..im not sure yer in a supportable mode anymore...make sure you note
that if you do file a bugreport..no since making redhat developers spin
their wheels if they can't spend the time on that setup.

> This system is a notebook (Toshiba Sat. 3000-514) equiped with a
> touch-pad. Kudzu detects the mouse, cat /dev/input/mouse0 or
> /dev/input/mice gives reasonable output. usb-uhci, hid, mousedev and
> input are loading properly. This mouse is working on Windows, and worked
> fine until I upgraded to 8.1 beta 3. GPM is disabled.
> Configuring /etc/X11/XF86config to this device, protocol usb still makes
> the touch-pad working.

Do you have 2 mouse pointer sections? I think you need 2 sections, make
the glidepad the primary..and the usb mouse the secondary.

something along these lines from a quick Google search:

I'm not sure if Redhat on a laptop is suppose to do this by default or
what...since i don't have one.