Re: kernels and CD burning problems....

There seems to be what looks like a disk io-related bug when burning a
CD.  For some unknown reason, it once in a while fails to get enough
buffered data, and underruns.  It does not seem to get the data for the
buffer even though the disk is idle.  In this situation, it stalls for
20 or so seconds, and then reports a bogus error and gives you a
coaster.  The workaround that I'm using is to set the buffer space to
maximum and not load the system very heavily while burning a CD.

I've also noticed much better behaviour if you exit XCDRoast after each
CD is burned instead of picking up a new image and burning it.  There is
probably some kind of incorrect buffer flag initialization in this app.

I haven't followed all of the CD-burning issues very closely.  Is there
already a bug report about this unnecessary buffer underruns problem?