Re: KWord doesn't start from Gnome

Gerry Tool wrote:
If I try to run Kword from Gnome, I get the following:
===============
[gerry gstpc gerry]$ which kword
/usr/bin/kword
[gerry gstpc gerry]$ /usr/bin/kword &
[1] 6592
[gerry gstpc gerry]$ DCOPServer up and running.
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.
[1]+ Exit 1 /usr/bin/kword
[gerry gstpc gerry]$
If I run it from KDE, it works as expected.

Can others confirm this? If so, I'll file a bugzilla report.

Gerry Tool

Confirmed. Also if DCOPServer is already running, for example after starting Konqueror within Gnome, kword fails to start too.

Warren