From: Tommy McNeely [mailto:Tommy McNeely Sun COM]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 9:01 AM
To: phoebe-list redhat com
Subject: strange mouse issues on vmware-phoebe

I know I know.. probably not supported, but I really cant afford to
re-do
my primary desktop right now, so I like to try stuff on VMWARE ...

I have RH8 as my "host" OS using a MS IntelliMouse USB (I like the
blinkey
red light and the little scrolly button) and  Sun USB Keyboard
(switching
layouts from work to home drives me insane). This combo works fine for
my
HOST OS, and for XP on VMWARE (As a Microsoft PS/2 mouse) .. however,
cant seem to get phoebe to work with it... after a fresh reboot, the
mouse
will work in the console (btw where's gpm.conf?) ... but if I try to
run
redhat-config-xfree86 or startx, I can't move the mouse in X .. and
then
its all F'ed up in the console after forcibly killing X.. just moving
it
causes stuff to get selected and pasted causing lots of vicious
commands to
be entered :) ...

SO...... is anyone running phoebe inside vmware and successfully using
X?
.. if so, can you tell me what you did or send me your XFree86 config
(and
wherever the heck the gpm.conf went.. that config too I think?? I did
not
configure X through the installer, so I only have console mode...

Thanks in advance

--
Tommy McNeely         --        Tommy McNeely Sun COM
Sun Microsystems - IT Ops - Broomfield Campus Support