Re: linux-wlan-ng?

you do need to.. however.. copy the correct config file from

cd /usr/src
ln -s linux-2.4 linux
(for some stupid programs that are hard coded to this location for
kernel source)

cd /usr/src/linux-2.4

cp configs/kernel-2.4.18-athlon-smp.config .config
(pick the correct one for the kernel you are running)

make oldconfig

make dep

** THEN you can compile stuff against that kenel (like spca-50x driver
or wlan-ng drivers, vmware, etc etc.. but I have had better luck just
modifying the config file and using the built in wireless drivers :)
(peruse the psyche-list for examples)