Re: linux-wlan-ng?

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 20:48, Tommy McNeely wrote:
> you do need to.. however.. copy the correct config file from
>
> cd /usr/src
> ln -s linux-2.4 linux
> (for some stupid programs that are hard coded to this location for
> kernel source)

linux-wlan source, with correct redhat kernel-source
./configure
make
make install

It builds the module and places it in /lib/modules/2.4.xxxxxxxx/

The kernel isn't rebuilt, just a module built for a specific kernel.

.. or that's how i've always understood it - so I need correcting if I'm
wrong..

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.