Re: My Fondest Wish For Phoebe: Fix Gnome-terminal!

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:07:59AM -0500, John P Verel wrote:

> On 01/07/03 02:38 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 09:20:03PM -0500, John P Verel wrote:
>
> > The crash was fixed ages ago. I don't know what repeat scroll is.
>
> Poor choice of words on my part.  What I mean is that if, say, I have
> mutt open in gnome-terminal and I in the the index of messages, if I
> press and hold Control-D to delete a series of threads, the cursor
> responds with significant delay.  I guess the correct way to say this is
> that gnome-terminal seems not to support auto repeat.  This problem does
> not occur in Xterm.

That's weird, my understanding is that autorepeat is a function of the
X server (to applications it just looks like the user pressed the key
a lot). But be sure it's in bugzilla.

You might test with say the text widget test in gtk-demo to see if
it's terminal-specific or gtk-specific.

Havoc