RPM upgrade problems

I downloaded and installed the latest RPM version 4.2-0.51
from Rawhide and now I am getting the following error whenever
I try to run rpm.

[root RedHatWS RPMS]# rpm -q rpm
/usr/lib/rpm/rpmq: relocation error: /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.2.so: symbol
pthread_cond_init, version GLIBC_2.3.2 not defined in file libc.so.6
with link time reference

I tried to remove and reinstall the original version that came with
Phoebe but I get the error.  What is the recommended way of going back
or correcting the error?

Thanks
Chris

--