Re: Phoebe and Java jre

Malcolm Moore wrote:

No, did a symlink the same way I do it in 8.0 ( which is fine )
With IBM java 1.3 and 1.4 Mozilla freezes if you go to a page
with a java applet ( news.bbc.co.uk ) and Konqueror just says
'applet loading' all of the time.

... (edited)...

Initially, Mozilla *did* crash when I tried, but just now with Konqueror,
I realized my mistake: I entered http://www.news.bbc.co.uk, which
Konqueror reported as site not found. Entering the URL as
http://news.bbc.co.uk, and the site loads beautifully, I've just breifly
listened to an audio clip, and watched a video clip (of  Tony Blair),
using RealPlayerOne (as a helper) in *both* Konqueror and Mozilla.

FWIW, I am using >Sun's< JRE 1.4.1... with the java plugin linked to
the ~mozilla1.2.1/plugins directory.

Elton ;-)

elwoo videotron ca - ICQ #149608718 - Montreal (Quebec), CANADA.