Re: yet another install nitpick

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 05:05:14AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> > Don't forget those who don't install X at all. Lots of folk don't want
> > it on servers, and I gather it's not a lot of use to the blind.
>
> The latter is a moot point until the *installer* is useable by blind people.
Actually, the installer is quite usable by us.  http://linux-speakup.org/.
It is not yet clear if Speakup will continue in Red Hat Linux, but it's in
Psyche and lots of people have successfully installed using a hardware
speech synthesizer.  If Speakup is dropped from RHL, I'll go back to
building custom ISO's with a Speakup patched kernel. -- Bill in Denver