Puppy Love

My first childhood crush was on a girl named Phoebe.  When she spurned
me, I took solace in the fact that she was only a dumb girl and probably
had girl cooties anyway, but I've never gotten over a certain fondness
for the name.

I decided to set Phoebe up for failure.  I created a 100 MB /boot
partition and put everything else, including /, into an LVM volume
group.  No distribution can handle that, I thought.   It takes twiddling
and tweaking and lvmcreate_initrd and a bootable rescue diskette to make
that work.

Phoebe just went ahead with the install and booted happily into an LVM
root directory.

I'm in love all over again.

-- Bill Sheehan