Re: DHCP configuration changed since Red Hat 8.0?

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 05:23, Tommy McNeely wrote:
> You specify the HOST= in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and the
> dhcp client will send the host name properly... but (like a dumbass) I just
> did ifdown eth0 on my phoebe box (from work) .. so ... I wont be able to
> verify till I get back home :) (unless I can figure out how to send a reset
> to the machine in the meantime

Unfortunately I doubt this is correct.

Red Hat Linux versions prior to 8.0 could be configured using a variable
"DHCP_HOSTNAME", then this variable's value would be passed to the DHCP
client, which was either dhcpcd or pump at the time, by adding the "-h"
flag to the client's command line arguments.

As the new DHCP client, dhclient, does not appear to support adding the
host name to its command line arguments, it seems the only way to get
this behavior is to create a file /etc/dhclient.conf or similar as
described in the referenced Red Hat Bugzilla bug.

Thanks anyway

--
Michael Wardle <michael wardle adacel com>
Adacel Technologies