Preferred Applications and gconf

I just noticed that the preferred applications applet does not set the
key /desktop/gnome/applications/browser. I've set the default web
browser to galeon but this key is still set to mozilla. Is this right?

Also, would it be possible to have this applet set the default browser
for gnome-1.4 apps to? When I click a link in evolution mozilla is
opened instead of what I selected in the applet.

If these are worthy causes I will put them is bugzilla.

--Lou