window animation

If I remember correctly the inclusion of 'window animation'
and having no possiblity to turn it off was a topic of discussion
on the Psyche-list.

Nobody seems to have remarked on this yet with Phoebe.
Under Phoebe not only does iconizing a window show animation
but now also opening, for example, an xterm from the panel shows it.

I find this irritating. There seems to be no way to turn this off.
If somebody knows of a way by editing basic gnome config files I
would like to hear of it.

I hope RH removes this 'feature' before 9.1 comes out.

Alexander

--
*The United States must fully disclose and destroy
 it's Weapons of Mass Destruction*