Re: Can't reboot after rawhide upgrade

Mike Chambers wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerry Tool" <gerry tool com>
To: <Phoebe-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 12:25 PM
Subject: Can't reboot after rawhide upgrade

However, when I try to reboot, I get almost to the end and messages start
flying by on the screen and reboot never completes.  The last line on the

boot

screen before the flurry is

Starting crond

The last lines in /var/log/messages are

Jan 15 10:46:05 gstpc httpd: httpd startup succeeded
Jan 15 10:46:05 gstpc crond: crond startup succeeded

This could be that httpd/ssl and the kernel still aren't working together.
Try either disabling mod_ssl or rename/remove the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
file and see if the problem still exists.

It seems you are correct. I renamed the file and was able to boot. I noticed a file already in the directory named ssl.conf.broken.

Any ideas how to proceed to fix the problem? I suppose I could wait for the second beta to start fresh.
--
gerry
_____