Phoebe2: man pages not displaying correctly

Can anybody confirm what I am seeing.

After installing phoebe2 man pages do not display correctly
in either gnome-terminal or xterm. For some characters 'boxes'
or '?' are displayed and other strange substitutions.

(I am working with the default settings for locale, etc).

This is independent of the font used in gnome-terminal.
I have only tried xterm with iso10646-1 fonts.

I only had problems with a few man pages in phoebe1.
It now seems to be general.

Alexander

--
*The United States must fully disclose and destroy
 it's Weapons of Mass Destruction*