Re: Tux Racer: "stuttering' (Logitech Optical Wheel) mouse

Warren Togami wrote:

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 08:18:08PM -0600, Mike Kuhnkey wrote:

I would suspect that hardware acceleration is not being activated
for your video driver.  I suspect that 'Mesa' 3D software
implementation is what you are seeing.

If that's the case, you're not going to see stuttering. You're going to see "it's so incredibly slow the menus are impossible to use let alone the game".

That means you don't have 3D acceleration. Run "glxinfo" in a terminal
and look for:
direct rendering: No

I ran glxinfo and got "direct rendering: No. So I guess I'll have to forget about using Tux Racer unless I change my video card. Anyway, I'm considering upgrading to anothe nVidia card (probably the GeForce2) with video output. I'll check the specs on *that* one.

Elton

--
elwoo videotron ca - ICQ #149608718 - Montreal (Quebec), CANADA.