Re: Phoebe2: man pages not displaying correctly

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:42:19AM -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 06:32, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> > After installing phoebe2 man pages do not display correctly
> > in either gnome-terminal or xterm. For some characters 'boxes'
> > or '?' are displayed and other strange substitutions.

> On the local machine, or from another machine over SSH?  Man pages look
> fine on my fresh install of 8.0.93, using the default settings
> (LANG=en_US.UTF-8).   I can view them in both gnome-terminal and xterm.

On the local machine (using the default settings 'LANG=en_US.UTF-8').

There were one or two man pages under phoebe1 (for example 'hdparm')
that displayed incorrectly. But now all of them (that I have checked)
have these problems.

I have had to revert to using an alias: man='env LANG=en_US man'
to get a correct display of man in phoebe2..

If I can't get the expected behaviour I will bugzilla it.

Alexander

--
*The United States must fully disclose and destroy
 it's Weapons of Mass Destruction*