Re: Server install ;-((

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Summerfield" <phoebe computerdatasafe com au>
To: <phoebe-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 2:34 AM
Subject: Server install ;-((

> I just did a default Server install of 8.0.93-2.
>
> It's got lots of redhat-config tools installed, and (apparently) Gnome
> stuff, but no XFree.
>
> I tried running /usr/sbin/redhat-config-packages which resulted in a
> Python traceback and the message "RuntimeError: could not open display."

This is because you don't have X, or it's not running.  If the
redhat-config-whatever package is installed, it should either work as TUI or
possibly give a message that X needs to be running for that command to work.
I believe these were filed to help improve the error message a while back.
As for which packages you should get when doing a server install, that's a
different bug.

Mike