Re: abiword won't start in Phoebe 2

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 04:39:42PM -0600, Gerry Tool wrote:

> I try to start Abiword and the splash screen appears, but no window ever
> shows up after the splash screen goes away.  Same behaviour from the
> menu or from the command line.  No errors in the terminal window.

> Any other seeing this?

Yes, however the abiword window does open in my case but almost completely
off the screen in the lower left corner. I can just see a tiny corner
of abiword if I remove the panel.
Starting abiword with a geometry argument, like -geometry 1024x768+10+10
corrects this. So something must be wrong with the configuration.
I have'nt looked yet.

I don't see the "font path" statement you mention in another mail.
But then I don't use KDE and don't install it.

Alexander

--
*The United States must fully disclose and destroy
 it's Weapons of Mass Destruction*