Re: Server install ;-((

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Mike Chambers wrote:

> [...]

We're looking at dependancies (at least, I am). X isn't installed, I
don't have it on any of my servers.

I have these gnome components:
[root kite root]# rpm -qa | grep -i gnome
libgnome-2.1.90-2
libgnomecanvas-2.1.90-1
libgnomeui-2.1.90-3
gnome-desktop-2.1.90-3
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-1.99.14-1
gnome-utils-2.1.4-2
gnome-python2-1.99.14-1
redhat-switch-mail-gnome-0.5.16-1
gnome-mime-data-2.0.0-11
gnome-vfs2-2.1.6-9
gnome-python2-canvas-1.99.14-1
gnome-panel-2.1.90.1-4
gnome-python2-bonobo-1.99.14-1
redhat-switch-printer-gnome-0.5.15-1
[root kite root]#

None has unmet dependancies:
[root kite root]# rpm -qa | grep -i gnome | xargs rpm -V
[root kite root]#

None of the redhat-* packages has unmet dependacies:
[root kite root]# rpm -qa | grep -i gnome | xargs rpm -V
[root kite root]# rpm -qa redhat\* | xargs rpm -V
S.5....T c /etc/sysconfig/redhat-config-securitylevel
[root kite root]#

If they're supposed to work this way, _that_ is another problem.

--

John