redhat config packages cannot see my CD

OK, I admit, after a couple of failed CD burns I decided to just
 mount -t iso9660 -o loop phoebe-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/cdrom
But the tool is still saying it's unable to access the disk for reading even
though

[root redhat tom]# ls /mnt/cdrom/
autorun               README.it              RELEASE-NOTES.html
beta_eula.txt         README.ja              RELEASE-NOTES-it.html
dosutils              README.ko              RELEASE-NOTES-ja.html
etc..