Re: problem with building openssl programs on pheobe2

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 07:07:24PM +0100, Chris Chabot wrote:
> That is great, however it doesn't solve any of the practical problems
> some of us run into.. You say nothing was moved, but a lot of my
> compiles fail on this (custom php, etc).. is there any way to either fix
> the package your trying to build, or fix it on the platform level, other
> then downgrading the related packages?

In a nutshell, OpenSSL now depends on Kerberos, and this change hasn't
been easy to adapt to because most of the configure tests for detecting
OpenSSL aren't equipped for such a change (though for version 0.9.7 and
newer, PKG_CHECK_MODULES goes a long way in helping to fix that if
you're writing a configure script).

Please back up to the "Kerberos and Nessus problem?" thread, which
covered this in more depth, for more information.