Icons and Themes and BlueCurve Oh my!

Ok....I don't get it.  I installed the latest redhat-artwork,
redhat-menus, gnome-icon-theme from rawhide...and I'm very surprised at
what I see.  The panel icons for mozilla, evolution and OpenOffice are
now back to the stock gnome icons... I go into the control center and
change the Icontheme from BlueCurve to Gnome and now they're the way
they were before!!!???  But when I make this change all my icons on my
desktop seem to be screwed up (just showing the default for a
non-associated file).

What happened!?

Brian