Corba error?

Hi,
When I was running RH 8.0, I was getting an error about "gnome settings
daemon restarting too many times". Now It has turned into this error
when I boot:

"The panel encountered a problem while loading
"OAFIID:GNOME_ClockApplet"
Details: Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/INV_OBJREF:1.0'

Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?"

Any ideas what's up?

Thanks,
Tom