info for neat - my card not on list, can it be added?

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 09:01, Phoebe - 7M3 - Live wrote:

Question: Where does neat get all of the configuration information from? (files, etc:)

The configuration info that you save is stored in various files in
/etc/sysconfig/networking and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Also, type "rpm -ql redhat-config-network" to see a list of files used
by the tool.

    SMC Networks, Inc.
                       SMC 10/100 PC Card
		    Linux Driver Installation

Most Linux systems support SMC 10/100 PC Card already.

1. Insert the PC Card in the PCMCIA or Cardbus slot in the notebook, and
   reboot the system.  If the file /etc/pcmcia/config exists,add following
   lines in this file:

   For PC Card:

   card "SMC 10/100 PC Card"
   version "SMC", "8041TX-10/100-PC-Card"
   bind "pcnet_cs"

I found the file that contains the information. It didn't list my card.

The format looks similar to /etc/pcmcia/config - I'll try to add the information. Then see what neat does to cinfigure my card properly.

Can this information be added to the next official release. Our Microcenter stores carry a lot of this brand.

A good question is never answered.  It is not a bolt to be tightened
into place but a seed to be planted and to bear more seed toward the
hope of greening the landscape of idea.
		-- John Ciardi