Re: SMB + autofs unstable?

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003 14:53, Keith Adamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 21:51, Michael Wardle wrote:
> > Having looked into this further and performed some tests using smbclient
> > on each of the shares, it seems that when I attempt to obtain a directory
> > listing of the autofs mount point (e.g. "ls /net/machine/share"), the
> > first attempt hangs for over 30 seconds before I terminate it, but a
> > subsequent attempt to list the files returns a listing almost
> > instantaneously.  I can also abort the first attempt a second or two
> > after starting it, and subsequent attempts will also provide an
> > instantaneous listing.
> >
> > Any thoughts why this might be happening?
>
> Are you mounting WIN shares ... search this archive for "smbmount hang"
> and see bug 82820.

The usual mailing list archive that should appear on redhat.com/mailing-lists/
is not present, the mailing list archive on
listman.redhat.com/pipermail/phoebe-list is not searchable as far as I can
see, and searching redhat.com for such terms on Google yields nothing. :-(

The bug you mention seems quite relevant, however.

Thanks for your response

--
Michael Wardle
Adacel Technologies