Re: KDE autorun

On Thursday, March 6, 2003 13:11, Michael Fratoni wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2003 08:29 pm, Joshua Andrews wrote:
> > I uninstalled autorun now I get an error dialog every time KDE is
> > started about not finding autorun. Isn't that something that should be
> > taken care of during the uninstall proccess?
>
> Seems reasonable to me. Autorun is the first thing I remove on a new
> install.
>
> The autorun package creates an entry in
> /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop
>
> New users get the contents of /etc/skel copied to their home directory.
>
> To make the error stop, remove ~/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop
>
> The rpm package doesn't own or know about the files copied to users home
> directories. A one line pre or post uninstall script would do the trick:
> find /home/*/.kde -name Autorun.desktop -exec rm {} \;

Clearly the solution in your situation is to remove autostart (or better
still: specify it should not be installed during the installation) before
creating user accounts.  If the autostart package does not remove the autorun
file in /etc/skel, then *that's* probably a bug.

--
Michael Wardle
Adacel Technologies