Re: Sendmail update

I haven't seen anyone from Red Hat weigh in on this, so this post isn't directed
toward anyone with the company. Also, I'm not trying to be argumentative, and
both sides make valid points. With that said...

To those saying that Red Hat should not prioritize an updated sendmail package;
should they release Red Hat 8.1 with a vulnerable sendmail that was beta tested,
or should they release it with a patched but untested sendmail?

I agree that beta software should not be installed on production machines, but
that doesn't mean that Red Hat doesn't deserve to have it tested as though it
were on a production machine. Without testing *all* packages (including
sendmail) in a real world environment, Red Hat is not getting the benefit of
full, proper testing. They make the beta available to testers for a sneak peek;
they deserve a thorough test in return.

Just my 2 cents.
Rick