Re: Sendmail update

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 09:20, Rick Emery wrote:
> Quoting Chris Chabot <chabotc xs4all nl>:
> > So your seriously claiming that you think 'untested' or 'unpatched'
> > packages could be included in rh8.1 ?!

> P.S. I think it's great that you compiled the errata into a package; it will
> prevent vulnerable beta machines. But installing this beta tests your package,
> not Red Hat's. Which is fine, if they include your package in the final release.

Which is REALLY funny to me since chabotc was on the "running any
Rawhide packages means yer not beta testing" side of previous arguments.
Seems a horribly inconsistant point of view to me. To sum up chabotc
mental state expressed recently on this list:

Don't run rawhide packages, even when redhat developers ask you to test
them becuase they hopefully contain a fix...but please run the binary
packages I rolled up for you (And didn't bother signing with a GPG key

chabotc has confused the crap out of me, with mixed messages, like a
drunk girl a frat party passed out with her head in my lap. I for one
don't think its so great the chabotc has rolled up
packages...considering the previous disdain chabotc has shown for
running rawhide packages, as part of the beta process. I have to
question chabotc's motivations...and I don't see why any of us should
explicitly trust chabotc packages...especially unsigned packages.

-jef"aim for consistancy, if being clever is just too hard"spaleta