Phoebe-beta3 Login failure

I just downloaded phoebe-b3 and installed it on a
server system I will be taking hot in a few weeks.

When presented with the choise of systems and packages,
I chose "Server" type and "All" packages, after which
the install process seemed to proceed normally.  After
completion of the install, I rebooted the system and
now cannot login.

On the odd chance that I mis-remembered the root passwd
supplied during installation, I rebooted to single-user-
mode and set the root password.  After exiting single-
user-mode, the problem persisted.

Two questions:

1. What's up?

2. I went to the RedHat mail-list archives and couldn't
   find an archive for phoebe.  Does one exist and I'm
   not clever enough to find it?

Thanks,
Ray
--
Raymond Lillard <rlillard prosysmeg com>
Product Systems, Inc.