Re: A few XMMS problems

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 21:19, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Just esound sucking probably. You could try playing direct to /dev/dsp
> and disabling esound. I'm not sure how to do that.

esdctl standby
will place esd in standby mode and allow other programs access to
esdctl resume
to turn esd control back on.
that would be the eloguent way to disable esd temporarily while its
running, though i would have thought simply using
General:uncheck Enable sound server startup
save session logout/login would prevent esd from starting up

and then you'd have to set xmms to use the OSS output driver.

> > The second is that under GNOME2.2, XMMS refuses to minimize by clicking
> > on the panel, it wants me to click the minimize button on the app
> > itself, which is very inconvenient, given its extremely small size.
> Works OK for me. May depend on your window manager or window manager
> version.

works for me in metacity.