Re: get cd icon twice, get panel twice part 2

Elton Woo wrote:

> On Friday 07 March 2003 17:22, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:
> > My guess is that your cdrom is detected twice. I only see one ICON on the
> > desktop, but mine is identified as two different devices. One is correct
> ... just to interject: I have had the situation with two icons appearing on my
> desktop. This relates directly to the ongoing problem with burning CD's in
> the Phoebe betas. When the CD is partially burned, I would get the icon
> loaded on the desktop.
> NORMALLY, if one ejected / unmounted the CD, the icon would disappear,
> *but* under the circumstances (incorrectly burnt or non-fixated) the CD drive
> would allow the user to manually eject the disk _without being required_
> to unmount said disk, hence two (sometimes *three*) icons for the same
> disk!
> > Do both of them refer to the same mount point?
> ... in my case, *yes*.

Thanks for the info, for your particular case. maybe some program is adding,
editing or strobing the cdr burn process during the cdwriting, Offsetting the
information into poorly managed memory control comes to mind also.

This problem has to be fixed before a release is undertaken. I hope they figure
out what is causing the multiple desktop icons, coasters or illegal calls on
lesser error correction  CD readers.