Re: NVIDIA patches to run it on phoebe/rawhide kernels

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Chris Chabot wrote:

> With some patching and the final hint from Marcel of what i was doing
> wrong, i've now got the 3123 drivers working 'perfectly' with xfree86
> 4.3.0-2.1 & linux 2.4.20-2.54. Since i remeber some other ppl had
> problems with this to, i've combined the patches for your patching
> pleasure. Since the patch is 45kb is size, and i don't know if ppl would
> apreciate that on a mailing list, you can download it here:
> http://chabotc.com/nv.patch.gz
> Do note nvidia drivers have been known to cause crashes, and thats on
> 'stable & tested' systems, so you could expect more of the same in this
> case. (been working great for me though, without having to resort to
> ld_asume_kernel=2.2.5 startx work-arounds)

i'm amused by the fact that i was *just* about to take a shot at
putting phoebe3 on my inspiron, went to nvidia's web site to check
out what i might need ... and their site displays incredibly badly
in mozilla.  apparently, nvidia can't even design a web site that
displays well on a box using their own chips.  how depressing.

or they just don't have t clue about how to design web sites.